Job Opening for Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist – CRNA
Are you a passionate caregiver looking to join a supportive organization that was named a 2019 Top Place to Work by Nola.com? Do you want to join a supportive team that values and depends on your expertise, and offers a positive and inclusive culture that puts employees first? If so, we encourage you to apply for an exciting new opportunity as CRNA at Omega Hospital. You will join a leading surgical center that continues a two-decade legacy of improving the lives of patients across the gulf south region.
The primary duty of the CRNA is administration of anesthesia and all related services to the patient under the supervision of the anesthesiologist.
- Reviews with the responsible attending anesthesiologist the pre-anesthetic assessment and evaluation of the patient.
- Develops and carries out an anesthetic plan under the direction of the responsible attending anesthesiologist. Such plans include selection and implementation of appropriate monitors, drugs, fluids, and anesthetic techniques.
- Provides continuous vigilant observation of patients under the CRNAs care, correcting abnormal patient responses and seeking consultation from the responsible attending anesthesiologist where appropriate.
- Completes an accurate and timely anesthetic record for inclusion in the patient’s chart.
- Ensures patient stability and safe transfer to PACU.
- Manages emergency situations including initiating and participation in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Takes appropriate precautions to minimize risks of infection to patients, the CRNA and other healthcare professionals.
- Current CRNA licensure in the State of Louisiana.
- Current RN licensure in the State of Louisiana.
- Current BLS Certification.
- Current ACLS Certification.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited CRNA program.
- Minimum of 1-year experience as a CRNA.
At Omega Hospital, we believe in taking care of our employees so they can continue to help our patients experience optimal outcomes. For this reason, we offer competitive benefits that include medical and dental insurance; 401k; and paid vacation.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- CRNA: 1 year (Required)
- CRNA (Required)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
« Back to News